Phi Kappa Phi national deadline: June 1, 2024
Phi Kappa Phi Pioneer Awards are designed to encourage and reward undergraduate members for developing the research, engagement and leadership skills necessary to become a successful scholar. Fifty $1,000 awards are distributed annually.
The competition is open to Phi Kappa Phi members in all fields of study who meet each of the following requirements:
- Be an active (dues current) member of Phi Kappa Phi or have accepted membership by June 30, 2023.
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program.
- Not be a sitting Phi Kappa Phi board member, divisional vice president, member of the Pioneer Award Program committee or Society employee at the time of application or announcement.
Selection is based on the applicant’s promise of continued success in baccalaureate study, as evidenced by:
- Academic achievement, honors and awards, and relevant research experience
- Service and leadership experience, on and off campus
- Personal statement
- Letter of recommendation
You will submit your application through our online portal. You will be required to upload your supplemental materials during the application process. These supplemental materials include a work sample and letter of recommendation. Please upload as PDF files to ensure that your materials are accessible. If your letter writer prefers to remain confidential, there is an option in the application to send a notification asking your letter writer to upload a letter of recommendation on your behalf.